Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

Worldwide TV Turnoff Week! April 29-May 5




This idea came to me while I was at my Grandmother's house and noticed that the only channel she ever watched was 6abc. I asked why and she said that she lost her cable box remote, it's been like that for months, and she couldn't change it so it stayed on that one channel.

She now has a remote with 100+ channels, but will not change it for anything, and all she talks about is Channel 6 ABC News (besides food). I thought this was a little strange because she watched other channels before. I believe that TV is the ultimate W.M.D. (Weapon of Mass Destruction). It programs us, lies to us, and puts us in a trance of false reality. The point of this story is that I love my Grandmom and it got me to start thinking. Let's have a TV Turnoff Week! I started doing some research and found out that someone already came up with the idea before me. So I decided to join the movement and create my own Facebook event for it.

"If TV is a regular part of your life, do yourself a huge favor and turn it off. Start with a week, but don't stop there. What would you give for an extra four hours in your day? More than 20 more hours in your week? Even if you are one of the very rare folks who watches only half an hour a day, think about what you could do in that time. With just half an hour each day you could learn to play a musical instrument, learn the U.S. Constitution, read many books, keep in touch with far away friends and family, create your own blog, play a sport, get some much-needed sleep, learn to juggle, create a garden, get in shape... and accomplish at least one if not many of those things you say you'd love to do, "but I don't have time." Go for it! You have nothing to lose but your chains."

FACEBOOK EVENT INVITE:  https://www.facebook.com/events/403110943107039/

No comments:

Post a Comment